For many years, Emmaus House has responded to inadequate access to healthy food options in Peoplestown and neighboring areas. Since 2016, our Client Choice Food Pantry has distributed more than 60,000 lbs of food.
Food Pantry donations are greatly appreciated to help us meet the growing needs of families who live within the 30315 zip code. Below is a list of items you can donate to our food pantry. Check back often as this list will be regularly updated as our needs change.
Food donations are only accepted on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:00–2:30 p.m. and on Fridays from 9:00 am – 12:00 p.m. The Food Pantry is located at 27 Haygood Ave, Atlanta, GA 30315. For ease of delivery, you may drive your vehicle up the driveway between the Lokey Center and Emmaus House and park in front of our two-bay garage doors.
Food Pantry Donation List
PLEASE NOTE: all items needs to be able to survive long periods on our shelves without spoiling.
- Meal kits that don’t require extra ingredients
- Kits that include canned meat, canned sauce and pasta all in one box are great choices
- Canned soups and pasta meals
- Canned meat:
- Potted meat blends
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Basic staple pantry items
- Flour, sugar, cornmeal, rice, dry beans, oil, shortening, baking soda and powder, vanilla extract and seasonings of all kinds (garlic, pepper, salt, chili powder, etc.)
- 100% juice
- Household cleaning supplies and paper products
- Toilet paper, paper towels, bleach, sanitizing solutions, sanitizing wipes and basic cleaning supplies are very welcomed by those in need.
- Hygiene products
- Deodorant, soap, toothpaste, shaving cream, maxi pads, tampons, panty liners and even feminine wipes.
Contact Adam at (404) 525-5948 ext. 25 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or questions.
Don’t have any food to donate?
Every $10 you donate can buy groceries for one family from our Food Pantry.